Monday, August 01, 2011

It did not seem nearly as hot as they predicted, though I know that it was hot. 

Gary, the repairman, arrived at 8AM, just as he promised.   He started right in.   Before I left at 9AM, he had determined that the door frame itself was not leaking.   The water is getting in under the door and at the corners.

At 9, I went to Bible Study and to see Mother.  There were 9 of us at the Bible Study.   It was a nice discussion.   We love the verse we were discussing.  Psalm 1 1-6, 

Psalm 1

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

Psalm 1

 1Blessed is the man who hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the chair of pestilence.    2But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night.
    3And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters, which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off: and all whosoever he shall do shall prosper.
    4Not so the wicked, not so: but like the dust, which the wind driveth from the face of the earth.
    5Therefore the wicked shall not rise again in judgment: nor sinners in the council of the just.
    6For the Lord knoweth the way of the just: and the way of the wicked shall perish.

The tree planted by the water reminds us of that good old Gospel song.   We Shall Not Be Moved.

Mom is fine.   I brought her some of each of the breads that I got at the Fireside.   She loves good bread too and it is nice to have a variety.    I brought her two slices of each variety and told her I would bring more next week if she wants some.

I got home about noon, after dropping off the big bag of clothes that I had weeded from the closets off at St. Vinnie's.    I had lunch and stayed until Gary finished for the day.   He has everything stripped and covered the bare framing with a tarp so that things can dry out before he puts everything new over it.  He will be back possibly tomorrow for some more removal, but Wednesday for certain.

After he left, I went to Rocky Knoll with a tuna sandwich and a muffin to have supper with Dick and spend some time with him.  I was able to swing by Sun Graphics to have copies made of  the pattern for the Celtic Quilt Square that I am sharing with the Kettle Country Quilters tomorrow afternoon.   I finally finished the actual square this morning.   I like it.

Dick was fine but is getting a lot of pain in his legs.   That phantom pain is so real and really bothering him the past two or three days.   Corrie is trying to desensitize it.   But this takes lots of time.    I left after dinner with his laundry.    I should be able to get it in the dryer before I go to bed.   I somehow let him get a bit low.   He does have a change for tomorrow.   And I will be there in the morning.  

I will go at about 9AM and stay through lunch, then go to The Quilt Club at 1PM and then home again.   I have decided on another cleaning out project and a whole afternoon will be good for that.

I am trying to use the time that Dick is in rehab to pare down and get rid of or find homes for things we no longer need.

Have a nice day.  It is supposed to be REALLY REALLY hot tomorrow.

God love you

Mary 


No comments: