Thursday, August 04, 2011

Today was really lovely.   It did get a bit too hot this afternoon, but at least it was not humid.

I got up at 6:30AM or so and took care of the cat and me before Gary got here at 8AM.  I left shortly afterwards to be at Rocky Knoll when it was time for Dick to go to Advanced Eye Care for his eye exam.   We had delayed it for a couple of weeks after the surgery because we did not feel he was strong enough.  Tim from Custom Care and Transport picked us up shortly after 9 so we were early for our 10AM appointment.

But it was a good day to be out as Dick has been cooped up at Rocky Knoll for so long.   He had already been given his Thursday bath, but because of the timing, he had both hours of his therapy in the afternoon.   As he was unable to nap in the morning (which he usually does) he is a really tired guy tonight.    He will try to stay up til at least 9PM so he stays on his schedule.  Hate to mess that up as he has been sleeping very well there.

The appointment went well.   There is some dryness of the eye again, so Dr. Cheryl is re prescribing an ointment to help that.  She thinks it is probably related to all the things that have happened to his body and to the meds.  Otherwise all is well.

I came home after lunch.  Gary is getting close to being finished.  He is done under the deck, so I put ant sticks all around and sprinkled that powder around the whole exterior of our unit.   We have also sprayed like heck inside everywhere, so that should be the end of the ants.  He will be back tomorrow to finish.   There is a little on the deck and the door and in the basement to finish.

Then I will have Ed send his carpet cleaners in to clean everything.

I finally put the "summer" floor mats in the car and washed the winter mats.    I also got involved and swept and vacuumed 1/4 of the garage and washed the windows in the garage

I have to find time to wash the rest of the outside windows soon.   I am almost done with the indoor upstairs.

Leslie sent a Bossier City Newspaper with a wonderful article about our Nora's accomplishment as one of the 12 airmen of the year.   I will take that tomorrow to share with her Grandpa.

So it has been a very full day and I am more than ready to go to bed.   I have to wait a bit though as it is still rather early.

God love you

Mary

A Haiku

Sandhill Cranes proudly
Standing tall beside the field
Full of dignity.

No comments: