Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another hot day.   But thank God for air conditioning.

I got up at about 7AM and had breakfast and took care of the morning things around here.   Then I went to Rocky Knoll at 9AM.   I dropped my purse off in Dick's room then headed down to the activity room chapel to help bring residents down for Mass.  I made three trips and helped get people in place.   The Mass was quite lovely.   A family was visiting a Grandma so we had a curly haired little boy in the congregation.   That is always a joy.  A group from Blessed Trinity came today and took care of the Woodland Village residents.   That was nice.   I saw a couple of friends.

Next week, I won't have to help because a group of young men from St. John's come the first Sunday and take care of everything.   So.   I will just attend the Mass.

After Mass and everybody was back in their places, I went back up to visit with Dick until lunch.   I brought my lunch, a sandwich with that great bread from the Fireside.   Jack's wife also ate with us so we had a full table.   A great bunch of guys.  Jack may be able to go home on Wednesday.

After lunch, we played a couple of games of Rummy, then Bobbie and Bill came for a visit.    We all visited until 2PM, then I came home - for a nap and to get ready for the week.   While I was napping, Gary Anderson called.   He will be here in the morning to fix that leak.

I had fresh tuna for supper with spinach and cucumbers.   Tomorrow I will have fresh tuna salad for lunch.   Boy am I lucky.

So now it is bedtime.   Tomorrow will be double busy with Gary coming.   So I wish all of you a blessed sleep and a good week

God love you

Mary

Feed your faith, and your doubts will starve to death.

No comments: