Saturday, July 30, 2011

Such a great day.   Consisting, of course, of the bus trip to the Fireside to see David.  

The trip was quite pleasant.   I read both ways.   We got there at about 10:30 and got kind of set for lunch.  Bobbie and Bill and I sat with a lovely lady Alma who traveled many times with her husband Harold to the Fireside.   The lunch was really good.  They served a delicious salad with strawberries, grapes, pineapple, grapefruit and Mandarin oranges over greens with a poppy seed dressing, Chicken Vienna, Sweet Potato Souffle and fresh asparagus.   Of course, they also had their wonderful breads.   Then we had a lemon chess pie with strawberry coulis for dessert.  

I picked up my bread before lunch then after went to the gift shops to buy the CD of the show so I could get it autographed afterward.   I also found the cutest tea pot.   Now I have three.

The play was SO good.   It was lively, the music was super and the author presented the story of David in the same wonderful human way that he did the other three.    I loved it and recommend it to anyone who has the notion to see it.   It will be at the Fireside until August 21.

So that was my day.   I called Dick when we got home to tell him about the day.   He had a good day it seems too.   So until tomorrow


God love you

Mary

No comments: