Friday, July 29, 2011

What a lovely day.   I know it was up in the 80s and a bit humid but not enough to be really uncomfortable.

I was able to be out and about a bit.    Dick and I even did a short stroll and roll this afternoon after his PT.

This morning, Jody came to clean at 8AM.   I did not hear from Gary about the repair of the leak though.   If I do not hear by Monday noon, I will call him.    This, I am going to have to be pushy about.   

I left shortly before 11AM to pick up batteries for Mom's hearing aids.   I had lunch with my friend Debbie at Richardson's Tea Atrium and figured it was a good time to fit in a visit with her and take her some food and the batteries.    We had a lovely visit.    She was so pleased to be able to spend time with everybody while they were home for the wedding.   Everybody has scattered to their corners of the world again.   Georgie's mother and little brother are still here for a bit .   Such a lovely family.    I think they all felt at home.    Several of them, including Georgie's little brother did not speak English, but we all managed with a bit of interpreting, hand gestures and, as I told Georgie's grandmother, muy poquito Espanol.

Mom looks good but still complains that she is weak.  

I met Debbie at noon.   We got the things she needs as president of CWI transferred to her and enjoyed a lovely lunch.   The last time I was at the Atrium, the food was pretty sparse.  They have really expanded the menu and it is really good.    I had spinach quiche and a wonderful salad with country bread.   As usual, I finished it with Dick this evening.    Richardson has moved their kitchen area to the other side of the store.   Boy could I ever go crazy in that area.   Debbie said that she is really not supposed to come in that store "unsupervised."

I stopped at Woodlake on my way over to Rocky Knoll.   There are a couple of things that they carry that no one else does.   I bought a fresh tuna steak for my Sunday supper, some Stilton cheese and some English Digestive Biscuits.   (I thought I would see how they compare to the ones I made.)

Dick was at PT when I got there.   He did some slideboarding.  (Do you know that Slideboarding is not in this program's dictionary.)  Good practice for him, just to increase mobility.  When he was done, we  did our stroll and roll, then settled down to some Rummy.    He beat the tar out of me all THREE games.    It was a massacre. 

After supper, I came home.   Boy was Roxie glad to see me.   It was a bit after 6 so not too late.   Tomorrow, I will be gone from shortly after 8 til shortly after 6PM so she will REALLY be lonely.   But will not miss any meals and I will be with her the whole evening.  I am looking forward to the Fireside.   A couple of my friends saw David and liked it.  You can't beat the meal.   I will bring back plenty of bread too and share with Mom on Monday.

So I hope you enjoy your Saturday.  Til tomorrow


God hold you in the palm of palm of His hand


Mary

No comments: