Thursday, July 28, 2011

The week and the month are both winding down.  Much faster than I expected.

I was able to sleep until I really was ready to get up this morning.   No appointments at all.

So I just spent the morning, after I got up, trying to clean up a bit downstairs.   I packed all the video tapes into boxes.   Dick and I will go through them later to see which ones we want to keep.   I wiped down the kitchen which seems to need it every day and shortly after 11Am went over to spend the afternoon with Dick.

I found him at his OT.  He is working really hard.

We went right from there to lunch.  I had brought mine, a rice burrito.  There is a new person at Dick's table.   Victor.  They have had a lot of admittances this week.  Lots of people got to go home too. 

Dick's PT went VERY well.   He stood two times.  Once for 3 minutes and the second for 4 minutes.   A record.     We played a few games of Yahtzee and then went for a little walk or as Dick says a Stroll and Roll.    We didn't go far because it was rather muggy but I figure out if we get out two or three times a week, at lease he is getting fresh air.  We can increase the time when it isn't so darn hot and muggy.

I have not heard from Gary so I am guessing that he will be coming to fix the leak in the family room next week.  Jody will be here in the morning though and can really vacuum that area.   I have been working on getting things clear for carpet cleaners, but now will wait until they are done with the repairs.  It will be nice to have things all clear and fresh when Dick comes home.

Tomorrow I will be having lunch with Debbie O'Grady to update her on some of the president things that one usually finds out about by accident.   Clubs are like that.   And we are still working on the details.   Much better and more structured than when I took over.

Here is my recipe for Lavender Cookies.  They are SO good. 

Lavender Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2  cup butter - softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose-flour
4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a large bowl cream the shortening, butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.   Beat in extracts.   Combine the flour, lavender, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.Drop by rounded teaspoonsfull, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray.   Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

3. Cool for two minutes before removing to wire racks.

4. Store in airtight containers.

Servings: 18
Yield: 18

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes


Enjoy'

God love you

Mary

No comments: