Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A very rainy day and the temps never got over 70.  Really a nice relief after all the heat and humidity of the past couple of weeks.   ( I don't have any idea why my posting is so bold and big.   I am not unhappy about it but I wish I knew why.)


I could have slept forever this morning.   But I had to get up.   Gary Anderson called me last night and was able to come to check the leak that is affecting our family room.   He agrees that it HAS to be coming from the door that goes onto the deck from the living room.   Of Course, he can't do anything til it stops raining.   We think the damage is really done when the wind blows the water from the rain from the west and we have not had wind with this rain, so we are hoping there will be little or no more leaking.   I put a towel as a dam and it might help.


He will come on Friday if it is sunny or else next week.


Then I went grocery shopping.   Didn't need much but I am keeping the schedule as it also takes care of picking up our lottery tickets.


I left shortly after 11AM to spend the afternoon with Dick.   He was still in PT when I got there and I saw him stand twice, once for over 3 minutes.   Then we went to lunch.   It was the last lunch with Rich.   He went home this evening.   So there is hope.   We added a gentleman to our table.   His name is Ernie also, so Dick is now Ernie 1.   I brought a sandwich and an apple muffin for my lunch and joined the guys.


He had OT after lunch.  Another busy hour and Sheila had him take off and put on his prosthesis for practice.    He did great though he had to figure out how to adjust to the different height than he was used to.


At 2PM, I went down to the activity room to touch with the Amputee Support Group.   Lee and Janice Lemkuil were so good to me when I was going.   I stopped because it seems silly for me to go without Dick and, as you know, he is not a group kind of a guy.    I was able to tell them about Dick losing his right leg and also to give Lee and Janice a bottle of the Marigold wine.   I got my last marigolds from them.   They said they have lots again.   Perhaps one day next week, I can go and pick a quart or so of the blossoms and make a batch this year.

Then back up to Dick so that we could join the residents at three in the On the Rocks Saloon between Woodland Village and the nursing home section.   Rich and his wife, Beverly,  joined us.   Rich had determined that he would not leave until after the cocktail hour. 


I came home at about 5PM after walking Dick down to dinner.   


A quiet evening.   I fixed supper and then went downstairs and packed away the video tapes and cleaned the walls and the book shelf that had gotten wet
Tomorrow, the shelf will be dry enough that I can put it upright and stack the DVD's on it so that some movies are available if we want them.


So.  I am very tired and will be going to bed very soon.   Roxie will be delighted.   Tomorrow, I can come back to bed after feeding Roxie and will not have to get up until I am slept out.   Nobody coming and no morning appointments.


God love you - I do.


Mary




We all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Quote from an email.)

No comments: