Sunday, July 24, 2011

Last night I just got home too late and too tired from the wedding to do the blog.    I very sensibly went to bed immediately.

It was a lovely wedding.  There was a wedding mass at St. Mary's Church in Hilbert.  This is a nice little church.  I had not been there before.   Lots of beautiful stained glass and brick.    Matt was here from Hawaii with Kauru and the children, Coleton and Alana.    Coleton and Piero (Georgina's little brother) were ring bearers.  Matt was the best man.   Alana was the flower girl.  She is only four and when her mother sent her down the aisle and she saw all those people, she headed right back.   So Matt came to her and held her hand and helped her strew the roses petals as they came.    It was adorable.

 Everybody was there it seemed and many of Georgina's relatives too several from Peru.  I met her Dad, her Mom, her little brother, her grandmother and several aunts.  The reception was at the Altona in Kiel.  A great dinner and a very loving and happy reception.   I felt I was in a Lake Wobegon community where instead of "All the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average."   All the men are strong, all the women are beautiful and all the children are indeed above average.  

We had lots of youngsters running around.   Such a joy to see the little ones up to the almost teenagers again.   And they all got along so well. 

I asked for a piece of cake to take to Dick.   Georgina wrote him a little note on the top of the container and make Shane sign his name too.   Such a dear girl.

Today, I went over to Rocky Knoll at 9AM so that I could go to Mass and help bring residents down again.   The mass was nice.   I guided Rich and his wife and daughter down and then sat with Alice, who's husband Claude, was at Plymouth Care when we were there.

Dick had his first tub bath in quite some time today.   He loved it.   They have a whirlpool and lower him in to bathe.  So glad that leg is healed enough for that. 

After Mass, I spent the time before lunch updating Dick on the wedding and everyone there. 

I brought soup and Kate's peach cobbler for Lunch.   Dick had a good meal too.   Swiss Steak and a cream puff.

We played cards after lunch.  He smacked me.   Then Bobbie and Bill came.   Bobbie was able to bring her lap top and bring up the news video about Nora and he being one of the 12 top Airmen in the Air Force this year.   Such a prideful thing.  

I came home at about 2:30PM and took a nap.   I felt that I really need to get rested up after being out late last night.

I will post a picture of my Bridget wall hanging.   Nora said that I didn't do that and I am rather proud of it.

Have a good Week.   It is supposed to be cooler and less humid for a day or two so Dick and I are going for a walk tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: