Friday, July 22, 2011

Another Red Letter Day.

I got up and out of here shortly before 8AM to join Dick for breakfast. Because this was the two week followup with Dr. Fehrman.

Tim from Custom Care and Transport picked us up at 9AM for the 9:30AM appointment.   It was raining, a blessing for today as my plants  and pots all got a welcome drink of water.   It was a steady gentle rain that had to make the earth very happy.

Dr. Fehrman is pleased with the healing so far.   He did remove the stitches   -- Yeah!!!!   We have to go back in three weeks and at that point he hopes that the serious shrinking (sounds gross but means the shaping of the stump for the prosthesis) can begin.   But in the meantime, he can now bathe and does not need dressings.  So we are truly blessed.   The bottom still has a darker look but is warm and seems healthy.

I went to their lunch area and got a cappuccino for fun.  When I got back to the entrance (I had called Tim and we were waiting for him to get back from Sheboygan) a sweet lady, named Melba, was talking to Dick.   She is 91 and looks lovely.   Her father had lost limbs which kind of started the conversation.   Anyway, she left with her companion just before Tim arrived so we sere not bored.

When we got back it was almost 11AM.   I stayed with him until it was time for his trip to the dining room then went on my way.

I had lunch at Dairy Queen with my friends.   A nice break in the day.   When I got home, I took a nap.   Boy was Roxie glad.   I think she probably thinks that I have finally come to my senses.

So the day is winding down.   Tomorrow is the big wedding.    I will stop on my way to Hilbert to drop some clothes off for Dick but basically will just be celebrating.

  Hope you have something special this weekend also.   I guess, just the somewhat cooler weather will be special

Love you all and God does too.

Mary

No comments: