Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Hot day and it is supposed to get even hotter by Thursday.   I saw 95 on my car thermometer.

I left at 9AM for Bible Study.   We had 10 of us there today and a lovely discussion of Psalm 1.   The introduction to the Psalms, with that lovely phrase  - They are like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season:  "Its leaves never wither; whatever they do prospers."   Such beautiful poetry in the psalms.

I shared lavender cookies with everybody. 

Then I went over to Mother's.   I brought her samples of the tea breads and cookies that I baked.  Leif and Nora were there.   They are in Wisconsin until  sometime late next week after Shane and Georgina's wedding.   We had a lovely visit and shared some Ireland experiences.    Then we lunched.   I had intended to be with Dick for lunch but called and let him know I would be late.  

I got to Rocky Knoll at about 2PM.   He was just finishing his therapy.    We got back to his room just in time for Mike from Accessability who brought the rests for his motorized chair.   Now he can rest the stumps on them and they won't have to dangle.

So it has been a really good day.

We played  a couple of rounds of rummy.   We each won one game.   Then we went to supper together.   I ate some chili that I had intended to have with him for lunch.   After Supper I came home and had just time to feed the cat and do a couple of quick chores before the CWI Board Conference Call.  That went well.   Tomorrow I can get that information coordinated as to what I have to do and do the Sheboygan Branch newsletter before I go to spend the afternoon with Dick.

So I hope you sleep as well as I hope to.  God bless you and keep you

Mary

No comments: