Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Sunday.   I went to Mass at Rocky Knoll again at 10AM.  I helped bring a couple people down, one of them being a resident in Woodland Village who sits at Dick's table at lunch.    He broke both of his arms in a horse accident.  So, after I took a man in a wheelchair down, I went back and asked him if he would like to go and he did.   The trick the first time or two is to find your way there.

It was a lovely Mass.  The gospel was the parable of the man who planted his fields and his enemies planted bad seed in it.    Father used that parable to remind us that as it would have been difficult to separate the plants until harvest.   We to cannot be judgemental of others but have to leave the judging up to God at he Harvest.

I left pretty much after Mass, after I stopped in to visit with Dick for a few minutes.     I finished loading the car with all the things for the tea.   I took a table and chairs,   strawberry bread, pepper cheese sandwiches, lavender cookies and apricot cream tea sandwiches.   I also brought my teapot, and a setting of dishes for "my" table and the cork ornaments that I made for favors.   There were other things too.   Debbie O Grady brought just as much or more.   And Kate has tons of lovely tea things.    We set up tables in the back yard, on the porch and n the side yard.   The food was all set up on the dining room table and what a spread.

Kate had prepared beautiful teapots and cups with matching saucers full of gorgeous flowers for the tables and a drawing.  She gave Debbie and I our choice before everybody got there while we were setting things up.  Such a sweet thing to do.   They are beautiful and I took mine over to Dick after we finished cleaning up.    Actually there was a bit to do yet but I needed to get  to Dick as I had told him I would be there.

It WAS HOT.  But we did sit out under the trees at the tables to eat anyway.   With the shade and a gentle breeze, it was not too bad and the company and cold drinks made it possible and even fun.   Some of us shared pictures and/or stories of feisty and influential women in our lives.    I shared Aunt Helen.      

We had a nice crowd.   About 20 which was very heartening.    Next month our meeting will be Irish Fest.

So. That is the day.    I will input a couple of pictures tomorrow.

Bobbie and Bill visited Dick this afternoon.    I thought they probably would so knew he would not be alone.

Love

Mary

No comments: