Monday, July 25, 2011

Mondays are pretty much back to normal again.

I had time before going to bible study to rack the current/marigold wine that I have fermenting in the basement.   I got a taste when I did the decanting and it is not bad.   It has that harsh background but the whole flavor is good and with the proper aging it should be a fun wine.

I went to bible study at 9:30AM.  There were 9 of us there today.   We are trying to determine what the Old Testament means by the fear of God.    Respect, Awe, Love.   And for some reason one of the questions referred to creation and we kind of discussed the fact that we are all still being created in some way.

From there I went to Mother's house.   Nora and Leif were there.  We had our last visit for a while, as they will be heading back to Texas tomorrow.   Nora helped me learn how to do things with my Kindle.   I will need some more advice but now have direction and it is making sense to me.    Mother is looking good but is really tired from all the company she has had in the past week.    Such a good tired for her. 

Then I went to the Final Approach Restaurant near the airport for a lunch reunion with my high school graduate friends.  Such a nice time.    There were lots of us there.   I sat with Rita Petrie Ertl and Linda and Bill Guse and across from Bill and Dan Kuhlow (cousins)   We actually had the lunch a bit early because Bill is visiting.   I recited my Cobwebs, Haiku to him and he would like to see more of my poetry.   I may have Rita starting to write as a result of our talk.

I know I posted Cobwebs and it is in one of my books which most of you have but here it is anyway.

Cobwebs


Friend from long ago
Do you ever think of me
You stroll through my mind.

From lunch I went directly to Rocky Knoll and spent the afternoon with Dick.   He was all done with therapy but stood for a minute and a half this morning and 30 seconds this afternoon.    Wow.

We played Rummy and he whipped me two out of three games.  We ate supper together and then I came home and have been just puttering all evening, except for doing a load of wash.

So.  Such a lovely day.   Oh - I almost forgot.   He and I went outside for a stroll.  Or as he said I stroll, he rolls.   We didn't go far, but it was a start.   He needs his hat and arm protection from the sun.   He loved getting the fresh air though and being mobile.

God love you

Mary

No comments: