Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sunday Sunday.  

I went to Rocky Knoll at 9:00AM and spent some time with Dick before going to Mass at 10AM.   It was again, a lovely Mass.  The priest who officiated is very sweet.   He spoke on  the gospel alone.   It was the story of Peter trying to walk on water.    Father concentrated on the phrase "Do not be afraid!"  and made it real for today and our situations.   It is really comforting to not be afraid.    I really liked the first reading too.  It is from Kings and tells the story of God coming to Elijah.   First there was a strong wind, but God was not in the wind.   Then there was an earthquake, but God was not in the power of the earthquake.  Next there was a fire, but God was not in the fire.  Finally, there was a gentle breeze and God was in the gentle breeze.

After Mass, we went for a roll and stroll.  We went down the hill and around the building then back again to the Woodland entrance.   Then we roamed the  halls until it was time to go into the dining room for lunch.

Dick and I had lunch together.  I bought their meal.  They do make wonderful apple desserts.   He is again seated at a full table.    People are coming in there every day it seems.  Of course, people leave too.  

Dick and I played rummy for a while,   then Bobbie and Bill came to visit.  Bobbie was wearing a lovely dress that she created on Zelda, her dress form.  

Now I am home and Roxie is glad.   Ah to be so much in demand.

I finished cleaning the windows in the family room downstairs.   Tomorrow I will do the windows in the bedroom down there.   Then I will have all the inside windows done.  I can do the outside of the downstairs windows but Dick made me promise not to do the other outsides as I have to get up on a ladder.   I have to think about that.

Well, I have finished what I needed to accomplish today and it is bedtime,  so I am heading there.

Love you all

Mary

No comments: