Monday, August 08, 2011

I do like Mondays.

Bible study was nice.   I brought my friend, Sy Regan's book, Psalms To Go, to share with the group.   They all know Sy too.   He grew up in Falls and was Deacon at Blessed Trinity until her retired.  He composed a Cinquain for each of the 150 Psalms.    A cinquain is a poem that consists of 5 lines.   The first with 2 syllables, the 2nd with 4, the 3rd with 6, the 4th with 8 and the last again with two.

Here is one of mine for an example

Treasured


I am
Never alone.
I know those who love me
Surround me in the darkest times.
God's gift.

There were 8 of us there so we had nice discussions.

Then I went over to Mom's house.   She didn't have any bills at all so we visited until Jeff got there with lunch.   I brought the fixings for Apricot Cream Biscuits for our dessert.   Jeff really liked them so I will send the recipe to Kathy.    They are really easy but such a nice hot weather dessert.  I also gave him a jar of Apricot Pineapple Jam and he brought fresh produce, beets, cukes, kohlrabi and a tomato.    They have a couple ripening, mine are growing but have no color yet.

I spent the afternoon with Dick.   He was just finishing therapy when I got there.  He was standing for the third time that day and the therapists were there, of course, but not holding him up.   He was standing on that one prosthesis and using his arms on the bars for the rest of his support.   Yea Dick.

We played cards and visited until dinner time.   I ate with him, then came home.    It has been a quiet pleasant evening, just Roxie and me.    Mainly me because Roxie is sleeping.   She usually wants to visit at 4AM.

So have a nice Tuesday.   We are getting some rain tonight - Good   Then I won't have to worry about watering things.

God love you

Mary

.  

No comments: