Tuesday, August 09, 2011

This was a lovely day.   Dick and I took two short walks this afternoon,  the weather made it possible.   He is not really an outdoor person so does not stay out long, but he suggested the second walk and we sat on a bench in the shade for a bit before going in.   I know he liked getting out of the building for a while for something that was not a doctor appointment.

I got there at 11:30AM this morning, just as he was standing.  He did it three times for a total of 3minutes.   Really good as that involved standing and sitting back down too.  He is complaining less of pain in the current prosthesis.   That is REALLY good.

I baked cupcakes for the Tallgrass Picnic which is tomorrow night at Lions Park at 5:30PM.

Today was nice.  I had to go over to Mother's to pick up Bobbie's currents that Jeff and Kathy had left for her to make wine with.   Then I baked the cupcakes, then I cleaned out some of my sewing cabinets and boxes.  Then I went over to Rocky Knoll.

I came home again when Dick went down to dinner.   

Roxie and I had a nice evening.  I cleaned out some more of my sewing stuff and now am having my tea and getting ready to go to bed.

I got this as part of an email today and wanted to share.

It's so dry and hot in Manitoba that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water.   
Have a great Wednesday.   It is the day at Rocky Knoll with the coctail hour and I will be going to a picnic, so it will be fun for me.

God love you


Mary
 


No comments: