Saturday, August 13, 2011

I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night.  I was able to stay in bed a bit later this morning which helped but I really feel it tonight so think I will not have any difficulty when I go to bed tonight.

I spent the  morning clearing and sorting things again.   That seems to be a constant battle.  I also made an apple salad with yogurt to have with our breakfast tomorrow.   Shortly before 11, I drove over to Kate's house with a bowl that she sent something good home in and a can of a brand of cat food that Roxie turned her sweet little nose up at.    Kate offered some to her Riley and he LOVED it.   So either he likes junky food of Roxie doesn't know good food.    We would all rather not know.

I had a cup of tea with her and Ron before driving out to Rocky Knoll so I was in time to have lunch with Dick.   When I got there at quarter to 12, he was already down in the dining room.   He was wondering where I was.    I had a sandwich along, but they had Strawberry Schaum Torte for dessert and I got one.  Yea!  It was SO good.

Dick and I played a couple of games of cards until Bobbie and Bill got there.   Then, Richard and Brenda arrived at 3PM.   They had called earlier in the week to say they were coming and we were so glad.    They came to celebrate our 25th Anniversary with us.   Can you believe that August 16th, it will be 25 years.   The kids brought a beautiful corsage for me.  AND a wireless computer for us but mainly Dick as his need is now.  We are hoping that this will perk him up as he will be able to go back on the web and not be all those hours alone with just the TV.  It is really super and Dick is SO pleased.   I can't tell you how much we appreciate their love and care.

They also picked up dinner from Sweet Basil.   We all ate in one of the gathering places.   They even remembered a 25th anniversary cake and cute little heart balloon on a stick.   Then we toasted each other with great champagne.

So it has been a golden day.   I know.   It is the silver anniversary,  but this was a golden day anyway.    Now I am home.   The four of them stayed for a longer visit with their dad and to set up the wireless for him.   I came home to feed the cat and get things settled down so I can to bed soon.  

The Packer pregame is on.   So far so good they are leading at halftime and have the second and/or third string in.

So, until tomorrow,

God love you all

Mary


No comments: