Saturday, April 09, 2011

Today I felt a bit melancholy and weary so I mainly rested.  There are always plenty of not demanding things to do around the house and I kept myself reasonably active with them.

I received the strangest message on the answering machine.   It was from city hall telling me that I was lat paying Chelsea's dog license.  Strange.   Apparently one is supposed to go and tell the city if you have a dog die.   I didn't have to do that when Zero died or any other dog before them.   Weird  Weird Weird.   That clerk must be calling on her own time too.  I will call them Monday and thank them for reminding me that I don't have her anymore.

I went for a nice walk this morning right after I baked a pie.   Decided to try a cherry peach pie and it is quite good.  It was a bit chilly but really felt good walking.  I met the lady who has moved in across the street today.   Her name is Peggy and she seems very nice.

I think I told you that our next door neighbors, Don and Jan, are home from their winter in Arizona.   It is really nice to have someone there again, but, of course, remember that we don't have two extra parking spaces any more.

I went to Mass at four and was Eucharistic Minister.   I was really glad to be there and the readings seemed to fit my prayers for Dick.   Ezekiel 37:12-14, Romans 8:8-11 and the story of Lazarus all talked about resurrection which is why I myself am not horrified by death.   I will miss Dick, he was a good neighbor and a good friend but I know he is not really gone and is no longer lonely and ill. 

I saw his sister in law Jan today and she said that Dick's previous girlfriend,still a friend, is pleased and happy to take Katrina so she has a home with someone who loves her and knows her "little leaking" problem.  She will be less confused this way as she often stayed with Tammy when Dick visited his children.

We had a Chicken Chef's Salad for our supper.   And now I am slowly getting ready for bed.    It seems a long day.   Tomorrow I am making a Leek, broccoli and wholegrain mustard tart.   We had this at the Benwisken House in Ireland.   The cook Lyn MaGuire, has a blog that she sent me where she is posting her healthy recipes.   This was really good.     Here is the site if you are interested.  She is strictly a vegetarian cook.

http://www.lynnesgoodfoodguide.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

God love you.

No comments: