Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Shopping day.   It went very well on this absolutely beautiful Wednesday.   Actually it was a bit misty when I was shopping, but it quickly warmed up.  I had a whole bunch coupons today so stocked up on a couple of things. AND I got the ingredients to make a Leek/Broccoli Tart that we had at the Benwisken Centre in Ireland. 

That will be a weekend treat so I can bring some to Mother on Monday.   I also stocked up on Bratwurst and want to cook some of them this weekend too.   I am getting so hungry for bratwurst and it is going to be warm enough.   

Dick decided to nap this morning and I went downstairs and started doing some sewing on the quilt top that I want for me.  I got about a third of it assembled, not too bad, a couple more days and it will be ready for the edging.   I also started sewing a square for this year's project together.   My UFOs are piling up.

I was watching a game show Deal or No Deal that had 26 pregnant ladies on it.   The contestant was trying to get money for her unexpected pregnancy.   I got to wondering what it does cost to have a baby these days.   It made me remember something that will absolutely knock your sox off.   When my Tony was born in 1963, my sweet little preemie, he was in the hospital for a couple of months until he was big enough to come home.   I think back in amazement to remember that the daily charge for his room was $10.00 with an additional $1.00 for the isolet that he was in and later for the incubator.      I went to see him every day but the nurses had the fun of really taking care of him.    At least I had him for a little while.  He would have been 48 this year.   Where have all  those years gone.   And I still miss him.

Did I tell you that I called Bart on his birthday and when he answered, I started singing Happy Birthday.   He asked if I was going to do that every year and I said Yep.

I still have him and his brother so feel very lucky.

Tomorrow Dick is getting his anti coagulation test so Bobbie will come and then have lunch with us.   We really like that.

God love you

Mary

No comments: