Sunday, April 03, 2011

A very nice Sunday.  

I cut out some more pieces for two of the quilting projects that I am working on.   Now the next step will be to actually do some sewing.

I played with Ancestry and Facebook and intend to do more of that before I go to sleep.   I have found out that my Great Great Grandmother Margareth  Brielbach Klimmer  married again after Joseph Klimmer died to a George Fruetchel (Fruechtl)  which explains why I found a prayer card for an Anna Fruechtl in Aunt Helen's things.  It is fun to tie these loose ends up.


Guess what our grand daughter Nora has done - I am going to just post the message we received from out daughter Leslie which tells the story.

First she was Airman of the Year for her medical group, I believe, then for Vandenberg AFB, then for the 14th AF, which was 5 bases, and now Space Command, which is a 10 base competition.  Next she goes to Washington DC to compete for Airman of the Year for the entire FREAKIN' AIR FORCE! 


This is a link that you can go to to read and see pictures.   She is in picture's 1 and 8.


http://www.afspc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123249727



Wow, are we ever proud of her.   She certainly has grown up to be smart as well as beautiful.

God love you all.

Mary

No comments: