Thursday, April 07, 2011

Today seemed much busier than I expected it to be.   I slept until 7AM  then got up and got ready for the day.

We changed Dick's tube-a-grip and re doctored a small sore that he has on the back of his left knee and got him all spiffed up for his blood test.  We had grapefruit and toast for breakfast and picked up burgers and fries for lunch.
 
Bobbie was here to help get Dick up the ramp, the only thing I can't do.  It is handy to have wheelchairs at the clinic.  This means that we don't have to load the wheelchair into the car. 

His count was exactly 2.0, just perfect so we do not have to go back for a whole month.

Then our neighbor Dick called.   He is sick and wanted me to give him his pills and pick up a prescription for him today.   I also walked Katrina a couple of times so she got a bit of exercise.    He really needs to get to a doctor or to get someone in who can really help him.   He says he is eating.   I think the dog has done some stuff in the house because it smells but I don't feel that I should be in there as I could pick something up myself and don't want to endanger Dick.

I think I will ask Jean if she has his son's phone number.

I figured out how to use up the extra apples that I have accumulated.   I am drying them in the dehydrator.   They do make the house smell good and will be ready by morning.


I went for a walk again this afternoon.  Yesterday and today, I walked about a half an hour.  I hope this will tighten up my flab after a bit.    It really is nice outside albeit a bit chilly.   That's all right though, with little wind and a jacket, it is really rather refreshing and I am running into neighbors as I go.   I sure do miss my little fuzzy friend though.  We made a lot of good memories on our walks.

Have a good Friday.   Can't believe that another week is almost over.

God love you

Mary

No comments: