Tuesday, April 05, 2011

This morning was a nice quiet day at home.   I cleaned the cat's corner of "her:" bedroom.   And sorted through some more papers in that room.   All I have to do is sort out the boxes and items on the top shelf.

Roxie really kind of liked that as I sat with her in her chair.   She does not approve of vacuuming.

We had a light lunch because Dick had slept late and had a late breakfast.   Today we changed his leggings and dressings too.  This afternoon was the quilt club meeting.   I did not have a thing to bring along with me.   Then after show and tell, somebody asked about the candle we were supposed to have and I realized that I forgot that too.   I was going to bring the Brigid prayer and the candle and share the flame with this group too.   So, I put it on the calendar for June.   One of the members, Sandi, is subscribing to an Irish Quilting magazine.   When whe is done, she is giving them to me.  What a nice treat.   The issue she gave me today has a series of Brigid Wall Hangings developed by a Mary O' Reilly.  I am going to adapt the idea to one for the Gathering.   And I will bring the magazine for any that are interested.  Boy to I have my work set out for me.

In May we are going to join the Elkhart Lake Club for a tea on May 4th instead of our usual meeting.   I am going to have last year's blocks all assembled by then to share.   As many of us who can are going to bring our tops to share with Elkhart Lake.

I also voted today before the meeting, then went to Walgreens to pick up a couple of things, Fleet to get raisins and dried cranberries and to the bank to deposit a check for Mom.  So I got home after 3PM and spent the afternoon sorting more things for writing and the Gathering, quilting and genealogy.  I think Dick is right, I have too many things that I try to do.  But I love them all.

Til tomorrow.   I just have to shop and have the rest of the day for home.

God love you

Mary

No comments: