Sunday, April 10, 2011

It got all the way up to 81 degrees today and we opened up the doors.    Roxie found that to be amusing for a while.   She does like smelling the air and the creatures outside.  She will be going to Kettle Moraine for her annual checkup on Wednesday.   Last year she was a very frightened little kitty when I took her.   I think it was the first time that she had EVER gone anywhere without Oscar.

I spent about an hour and a half in the den while Dick napped sewing on my quilting projects.  I think I can finish assembling the quilt that I am making for my bed, except for the border on Tuesday.

This noon, I prepared the Leek and Broccoli Tart from Lynne's Blog.   It turned out so good.   I will be sharing it with Mother tomorrow.   Dick really liked it.   The whole wheat crust with herbs is really tasty.

I did get a nap this afternoon.   Then with the threat of a storm this evening, I decided to go for an afternoon walk.   This is the fourth walk that I have had since I started again.   My goal is to get out three times a week minimum and more if possible.   I still miss my little white motivator.  I did meet up with some of the other residents who asked about Dick.   I was glad that I could tell them that he was a peace.  He was a good neighbor and a good friend and will be missed.

Dick and Brenda called tonight.   They are doing well, kind of getting their spring chores done after a birthday trip to Milwaukee last weekend.   They went to the Milwaukee Art Museum.   That is a great museum.   Britt used to work there.  The Gees Bend exhibit was there when Britt was there and I took Mother.   The three of us had such a nice day.

So today was a good day.   I am much settled down and grateful the quiet.

God love you

Mary

No comments: