Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I took Roxie for her annual physical today at 8AM.   She has gained about 7 ounces which I am concerned about, of course.   Dick and I have a plan of action. - We are no longer giving her any people treats and cat treats will be doled out very carefully.   I think I will cut back just a bit on her two meals also.

Her teeth were not full of plaque, but it looks like she has a cavity and will have to have that tooth pulled.  Darn it.   So on the 26th, she will have that tooth removed and they will take care of any plaque that is there,,  At least that should put off any more dental work for three years or so. 

Poor Baby, she was just a bag of mush all the time she was there.   Not a sound and she acted like a stuffed animal.   We decided that she figured if she was really quiet, we would not see her and if we did at least we wouldn't kill her.

Home again, I fixed Dick's breakfast and then headed out to the bank, the Sewing Basket and grocery shopping.   By the time I got home, at last, it was eleven AM.  I put the groceries away and then fixed us a lunch of bratwurst, beans and cole slaw. 

By then I was exhausted so NAP TIME.   

When I woke up, it was SO beautiful outside, that I went out in the back yard and racked and weeded the garden and moved the bird bath back in place.   When they cut part of the tree down last fall, they had moved it and never moved it back.  The rhubarb, the lemon balm, the thyme and the oregano are coming up.  So spring is indeed arriving.   I must look at the boxes that I brought into the garage last fall.  Then I will know what I need to replace.

I have the quilt top assembled and ready for the borders and have one more seam to sew on a Strawberry Basket block.   Next I want to assemble a Brigid wall hanging that I have in my head and want to take to the Gathering in three weeks.   When I finish it , I will share a picture.

I went to church tonight for Benediction and the Stations of the Cross.   I have not been to Stations in more years than I care to think about.   It was really special.   Fr. Van Beck said that we should all try to go just once during Lent and I am glad I did.

So April 13 is over .   Why has the IRS given people until Monday to get their taxes in, when Friday is the 15th?  A puzzle.

God love you

Mary

1 comment:

Brenda Louise said...

Wash DC is celebrating Emancipation Day on Friday, a holiday for them.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/13/1537710/dc-holiday-delays-federal-tax.html