Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trash day.    I got up close to 7AM.   Roxie was very hungry.   Dick fell asleep at his desk and didn't get her fed.   We are still trying to figure out why she was not raising a real ruckus.  She is not exactly known for her patience.

Dick decided to take a morning nap, so I went to the den and did some sewing on the quilt and a square that was half done.    I had to stop because my iron stopped heating.    I thought it was broken and decided to go as far with the sewing as I could without ironing and go find a new iron tomorrow.    I also cut out another two squares for this years Kettle Quilters projects. 

Then, after my nap, it dawned on me that I should probably try another plug.   By golly, it worked.   So apparently the upper part of that outlet is for some reason broken.   How can one recipticle in an outlet break?

When I finished downstairs, I took a walk.   Perfect day for one.   I visited with a couple of neighbors on the way and got back to find that Barb Mac Ewen, my friend and Mary Kay dealer, is back from her winter stay in Florida and had my product.   She felt sorry for me because I was desperately out of most everything so she dropped it off this afternoon.   Roxie liked her.

We had soup for our dinner and then I went to church for a Penance service and for confession.   It was a very nice communal service.   It took quite a while to get to see the priest for the private confession, however, even when Fr. Van Beck actually got four other priests to help.   Good thing everybody doesn't do the private confessions or I'd probably still be there.

Now we are watching the results show of Dancing with the Stars.  Then bedtime as tomorrow morning well be very busy.   Poor little Roxie has her annual checkup.   She was so afraid last year when I took her.    She is not used to going anywhere.   Dick says she probably figures that I took Oscar away and he didn't come back.   Then we took Chelsea and she didn't come back.  So she doesn't trust us.

Be good and take care of yourself.   Dick's son, Lee called this evening.   He will be here on Friday and wanted to be sure that I knew when the service was and when he would be here.

Pray for that family.

Mary

No comments: