Sunday, January 02, 2011

This was a perfect quiet day at home.    My desk is cleaned down to two projects that need to be coordinated and a small pile of calls for tomorrow.

We had a nice noon dinner.  I found a recipe for Mama Corleone's sausage and peppers.   It was really good.  Italian sausage and peppers cooked in olive oil with garlic, basil and oregano mixed all together with spaghetti.
Really yummy with a nice green salad and a piece of garlic bread.

Yea the Packers won today and are in the playoffs.   It was a close game but an inch is as good as a mile so who cares.    I did really well so far on the Fantasy league.   I am tied for 1st this week and in the top five overall.   So I should come away with something.    My system is not perfect but it keeps me in the running most of the time.

Less than a month until I leave for Ireland.  Tomorrow morning I am going to really discuss this with Dick.  When I talked about it earlier he was really upset but  I know that I need a break and that this is the best way to do it.   Bobbie is coming each day to help, I am working on getting him to accept a life line and I want to get someone in here at least three times to check his legs for me.  Of course, I don't feel good about leaving him but I know that I am in need of a break to recoup my strength and outlook. I pray that I am right.

Tomorrow the week starts over again.   Bible study in the morning and then I will go to spend some time with Mother. 

This is really the beginning of the year as yesterday and today were kind of quiet.

God love you
Mary

No comments: