Saturday, January 08, 2011

I was at home  all day today except for going to Mass at 4PM.   I slept until about 7:30AM.  

Today, I got all the ornaments off of the tree.   Tomorrow I will bring the box up, stow the tree away and slide it down the stairs to its resting place until next year.   As my brother Matt said in his poem about Christmas:

CHRISTMAS IS OVER

christmas is over again
it won't be back for another year
the lights have been taken town
santa claus went back to the toy factory
so we can all fight each other
with a clear conscience once more


Matt never used capital letters or punctuation.   When he was in his grade school days, I was home for a visit and Nora showed me some of his papers.   They looked like a foreign language but if you just read them phonetically they were perfect.   He did learn to spell but in his poetry preferred to forget the capital letters and punctuation.


I fixed spinach noodle casserole for our lunch.  Boy was that every good.   We have enough for at least one more meal.   Dick does like his pasta and spinach egg casserole is always a treat.

I think I would like something with mashed potatoes and gravy tomorrow.   Doesn't that sound good?

 So today is over.   So far my picks for the playoffs are not paying off too well.

I don't know why those teams don't listen to me.

Have a loverly Sunday.

God love you

Mary

 

No comments: