Sunday, January 09, 2011

This was a whole day at home.   I did not have to go outside for any reason at all.

I took the tree down, packed it into its box and slid it downstairs and into the furnace room.  The room looks a bit empty but, of course, bigger too.   And now if Dick gets cold, we can turn on the fireplace.   I think we could have anyway, but Dick did not feel good about it with the tree close to it.   I think it was far enough away.

We had beef rouladin with mashed potatoes, gravy and fresh cooked carrots for lunch.   Boy was that good.  I was just plain hungry for mashed potatoes and gravy.    Tonight homemade chicken soup. 

My football league extended into the playoffs so I am still following the games very closely.    I blew it on the Seahawk/Saints game but so did almost everybody else and I picked right on the next two.   Now if Green Bay comes through for me I can relax until next week.  I won two of the 17 regular season games this year and I am one of 5 winners in Survivor Football.    If I can end up in the top 6, I might just come out even or ahead.   Yippee.   Go Pack!!!!!!!!

This week is starting off moderately quiet.   Monday, of course, is busy because of bible study and the trip to Sheboygan to see Mother.   Then I have Rhine Plymouth meeting in the evening.    But the rest of the week is pretty quiet.   I need to start planning what I am taking to Ireland.  I got two pair of fleece pants that I have to shorten.    Where are all of these 6 feet women.

I got distracted with the game.   YEA  The Packers won.   So we have another chance next week.   It has been a good year.

Have a good week .

God love you

Mary

No comments: