Friday, January 14, 2011

Dick had an eye appointment today and it was nothing but good news.    His eyes are healthy.   There is a very slight change in his vision but not enough to warrant a lens change.  That pesky lash was growing again, but it was very fine this time and came out easily.    Bobbie came to help us get him there and back again.  

I fixed a meatloaf for our dinner.  Then just as we were leaving for the eye doctor, I remembered to put the meat loaf in.  I had the oven preheated.   So it was all ready when the three of us came home.    A good dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy. peas and salad.  

Roxie is so happy when Bobbie comes.   Bobbie and I racked three gallons of wine today and filtered and bottled a fourth.   It must be time to be starting a new batch or two.   Wonder what we have in the freezer.   We bottled her strawberry wine.   It smells and tasted very strawberryeee.   We think it will be ready sooner than some of the other scratch wines.  A nice summer wine.

I remember that Dad loved to make wine.   You know that.  That is kind of why Dick and I started to do it.   I am glad that Bobbie is now having fun with it.

I remember one summer when Bret and Bart and I were here for a visit and we went out to the Kettles to the Parnell Tower.  Dad found a big patch of blooming wild bee balm and decided to make some wine out of that.   I told him that I though a balm would probably just make people sleepy.  But he won.   He and Mother and I had to pick it because the boys were not about to go near the bees that DO hover around bee balm.   Dad said that if this worked he was going to make a batch out or his old shoes.   I think it did make a decent wine but I never did hear of any old shoe wine.

God love you

Mary

P. S. It is snowing.

No comments: