Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am extremely tired tonight.   It was a busy day with medical appointment and visiting Mother. 

Started quietly enough,  I spent much of the morning just putting things back where they belong.   Then I got Dick in the bedroom to change his tubagrip and bandages before Bobbie arrived.


She got her at about 10:30 so that we could get Dick to the anti-coagulation clinic by 11AM.    That worked out just fine until we got to the clinic and there was not a wheel chair to be found.   So I rushed to the therapy entrance and found ONE wheelchair at that door.   We got him into it and up to the second floor as soon as possible.  Not great news this week.   His count was 1.4  Too thick.   As it is supposed to be between two and three.   There is a new medication for his Acid reflux that can apparently change things.    So he has his dosage adjusted and we have to go back in two weeks for a checkup.


The three of us picked up lunch from Dairy Queen and came home to eat it.   Then after a bit, Bobbie went home and I left to spend some time with Mother.    She is looking very good.  Dolores and Ken were there when I got there so we all visited with her.   She had me check on a couple of medications and things that she had questions on.   I resolved one and am not sure of the other. 

She was scheduled for a hair cut so I stayed until they came to get her for that.  

I got home at about 3PM and spent the rest of the day resting and washing clothes.   As I said I am really tired and intend to hit the bed early.

I have the Literary Pub Crawl all scheduled for Saturday night in Dublin on January 29.   What a nice way to start the trip.  It is hard to believe that I will be leaving for Ireland in two weeks from tomorrow.

So sleep tight.

and God love you

Mary

No comments: