Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Monday.    The morning started out very cold but did move up into the 20s toward afternoon.   There were a few flurries this morning but the sun came out for a bit too and there was no wind so it was not a bad day at all.

I went to bible study at 9:30AM.  We really are enjoying our studying of the Psalms.  They are so beautiful.   It is interesting to think of David, the warrior, the King, the poet and the musician.   I really want to go to see David by the guys who wrote and composed The Rock and The Rabbi, Witnesses and The Child this summer at the Fireside.   I can imagine what they can do with that material.

Then I drover to Meadow View to visit with Mother.  She was not in her room so I went down to the therapy department and sure enough.   There she was working very hard playing "toss the balloon back and forth" with Delores Bemis, the lady who is in the room next to her.  Delores arrived at about the same time with exactly the same injury.   Mom is pleased to have the sling off of her arm.   She has experienced some pain in her hand but that comes with reawakening the nerves and muscles in the arm.   The therapist also had her walking with the walker (and the therapist's help.)   Just a little bit but enough to see that she did well.   They really keep her quite busy there. 

When we got upstairs from the therapy, Dolores and Ken were waiting.   So we all had a nice visit.   Dolores's birthday was yesterday.   Nora called Mother yesterday and told Mother that Dallas has 2 inches of snow.

Then I went home.   We had spinach casserole for lunch and I tried to nap.   Tonight was the Rhine meeting.   I went early so that Bill, Travis and I could audit the books before the board meeting.   The meeting was quite busy with a lot of discussions because we had a couple of hot topics that needed to be resolved.    I think we did so as best we could.

Now it is again past my bedtime.   So I will sign off.   Tomorrow I will be able to stay home all day, probably.

Take care and God love you

Mary

No comments: