Monday, January 03, 2011

Monday Monday.

It was a rather busy day but I was home by 2PM and settled in for the day.

This morning before I left for Bible Study, I reminded Dick that I am, indeed, going to Ireland at the end of the month.   He is not happy about that.   He does not begrudge my need for a break but of course is concerned about what will happen to him while I am gone.  I hope I was able to reassure him that Bobbie will be here every day,   I suggested that he get a life line (which he is anti - Please let him know that you think it is a good idea), and I will contact Companion Care to get someone out here every other day to change his leg coverings and his wound coverings (perhaps his wounds will all be healed.). 

Bible study was at 9:30AM.   There were only four of us today.   Some on vacation or away for the winter and some not feeling well.  But Helen, Peggy, Shirley and I had a wonderful study.   We did Psalm 104 again.   You should read it - it is absolutely beautiful.

Then I went to see Mother.   I had to go home first because I forgot my purse.  But what a blessing I received on my way back on Highway PP.    I was almost to PPP when I saw some movement ahead.   Then the car in front of me stopped.   Seventeen deer ran across the road.   The was one big buck and sixteen antlerless deer in a herd.   It was beautiful.    Then when we finally got to move again a huge turkey flew in front of us across the road following the deer.

Mother and I had a nice visit and I joined her for lunch.  Dolores and Ken were there when I got there.   I am so glad that they are close and can be there often.   I am going twice a week.   I will go to see her again on Friday as Jeff is taking her to get her shoulder checked on Thursday.   Hope we get good news then.   She is planning on going home again but does know that there is a long road of rehab ahead of her.    I told her that I don't want her to think about going home until I am back from Ireland which will be five weeks.   I think it will be over that before her strength is restored.   If it can be restored.  We can only pray for what is best for her.

Home again, I took a nap.   Then cleaned up the computer and am working on two meeting projects. 

Tomorrow I am home except for the Kettle Quilters meeting.   I am so glad that I got my square done.   Now when I get back from Ireland, I will put them together into a blanket for me.    I have a couple of them that I should find homes for and probably will.   But that takes time too.

Be good to your self and I will log on tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: