Tuesday, January 04, 2011

This was an altogether satisfying day.

I got up at 6:30AM or so because it was trash day.   As it was, the trash people did not come until after noon, but they do like to "toy" with us and sometimes come in mid morning so I don't like to dawdle on Tuesdays.

I spent the morning writing the email letter for the Sheboygan Branch of Celtic Women and updating a few things in the Google Calendar which I have transferred to since Works doesn't work too well anymore.

We had leftover Thai Chicken and rice for lunch, then I went to the Plymouth Library for the Kettle Country Qulters meeting.

Was that ever nice.   Several of us had all of our last year's block of the month to share.  They are always fun as it is amazing what the choice of color does to a pattern.  My next step is to get the top assembled and quilted so that I can use it for my blanket.   The folded queen blanket is just too bulky and hard to handle.  I am afraid that it will have to wait until after the Ireland trip as I have too much to do before that happens.

We decided that this year we would have two people a month bring an assembled favorite block and the instructions to share with everybody.   I found that many people have not done Celtic Knots, so I will do a variation of that .  I signed up for July.   I am gone for next month's meeting and wan t a couple of months to regroup.  The sharing is actually beginning in March, so I won't miss that either.

So here we are to the end of the day again.   Time to start winding down.  Roxie is content under the lamp  and will be very glad when I go to bed.    Sometimes she goes into the bedroom and waits for me.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the week.

God love you

Mary

No comments: