Wednesday, January 05, 2011

It was 3 degrees when we woke up this morning.

I went grocery shopping at 8AM.   It was in the teens by then but with no wind and sunshine, it was not a bad day overall anyway.   It is always the wind that really makes things awful.

Shopping went very smoothly.   And after a stop at the bank and Walgreens, I was home by 9:30AM.   Dick was sleeping and he slept until almost 1PM.   I fixed dinner and ate myself at noon but did not have the heart to waken him as he has so much trouble sleeping.  So I fixed his dinner, salmon, baked potato and salad when he woke up.

I put all of the Nativity sets away today.   And I took down the Christmas lights.   Pretty soon the Condo people would start looking at us askance so it seemed like a good idea as the sun was shining.  So I am pretty much down to the tree and all the Santas that are all over the house.   Should be done by Monday , the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Jeff called from Hawaii today.  He and Kathy will be leaving for home tonight and be back tomorrow.   Then he is taking Mother to see Dr. Fehrman on Friday to have her shoulder checked.  So I well go to see her tomorrow.   I will check the mail at her house and pick up a couple of books that she asked for.   I am going in the morning so that I can be home to fix lunch for Dick.


Called Bobbie to see how the construction project is going.   She thinks they should be done by the weekend as they projected and is so glad.   

So til tomorrow may you be safe and warm.

God love you

Mary

No comments: