Saturday, January 01, 2011

So the first day of 2011 is coming to an end.   It blew in like a lion and the cold winds have been shaking the house all day long.  From almost 50 degrees yesterday, it dropped down to 13 degrees today.  I slept until almost 8AM.    Of course, Roxie was at my ear yelling at me at 6AM for her breakfast.   She had been bugging me earlier, but at 6 she really got insistant.

We spent a very quiet day.    I finished the last block for the block of the month for the Kettle Quilters.   We watched the Rose Bowl Parade and the Rose Bowl Game.   I went to Mass at 4PM so now I can be home until Monday morning.

I tried a Thai chicken recipe for our lunch today.   It turned out really good and I used the last of the coconut milk to cook the rice.   It also came out tasting really good and was a nice complement for the spicy Thai meal.  We also had fresh asparagus.    What a way to start the new year.    I liked it.

I hope your day went as well and that you are going into the New Year with as much hope as we have.

God love you

Mary

No comments: