Sunday, November 07, 2010

What a wonderful day.    The weather was nice.   I believe it got up to the high 50s but as I was on a bus or in the Fireside most of the day, it did not make much difference.   It was nice to have the trip there and back uneventful.

This was a first for me.  I had never been there for a Sunday afternoon production before.   The meal was not a sit down meal but a buffet.   It was excellent.   We had breakfast items galore plus dinner choices that were super.   I chose dinner items as I had fixed breakfast for Dick and me before leaving.  So I had salmon, shrimp and scallops in a pasta and corned beef.   Everybody was served a cold peach soup.   I do not approve of cold soups but this was good.   More of dessert actually.

The production was up to Fireside standards.   The first act was the Fireside Christmas show.   Very lively and quite well done.   The voices were amazing.   The second act was the premier of The Child, a rock opera written by the creators of The Rock and The Rabbi and The Witnesses just for the Fireside.  I loved it.    I was interested to hear the comments of my fellow travelers.   Many of them did not know that they were in for.   BUT they ended up liking it for one reason or another.    Some for the music, some JUST for the narration between the songs by "Joseph" remembering the events that occurred. from the time he was betrothed to Mary.  Loved it and got to thank the members of the cast and the author and composer as we left.

Bobbie and Bill were along too.  It is so good to spend time with them   We had a great time.

So now I am watching the Packer game.   They better win.  I need their points.  

God love you

Mary

No comments: