Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Today was car day.   I took the Passat in to VW this morning at 8:30AM for winterizing and its annual checkup.   I brought a book and a magazine.  There were very pleasant people also waiting for their cars that I was able to visit with and the time went very fast.

It was a beautiful day today.  Except for the drive to Motorville this morning.   The fog was like pea soup until I was almost to Sheboygan, then the sun came out and it was beautiful.

When I got home, I made an impossible quiche for our lunch.   Boy was it good.   I added some steamed spinach to the mix and used a combination of cheeses.   I was out of Bisquik so I mixed up a batch of my own.   It worked just fine and now I am stocked up on that.

I took a nap this afternoon, then wend downstairs to work on some sewing.   I trimmed and cut the squares for the lap robe and  did some sewing on the block of the month.

That is enough for today.

I heard today about that cruise ship that is stranded because of the fire in the engine room.   The boys and my ex and I went on a cruise once and it was really wonderful.   However, a flu of some kind went through the ship.  Poor little Bart got it.  Fortunately it was the last day of the tour.   He had a miserable trip home, but the cruise itself is a great memory for him.    However, as we were disembarking and going through customs, we were talking to a man who had gotten sick early in the week and had just recovered (almost) the past day.   Someone said that maybe the cruise company would give him a free trip to replace his bad experience.   I still remember that poor man, turning green and saying ,  "Oh God, No!"

Love you

Mary

No comments: