Saturday, October 09, 2010

This was a day on the run and I am still having trouble with my ribs and stomach.   Tomorrow I am going to try to take a walk if it as nice as it was today.   I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing, but I hate to not be exercising.

Had a busy morning doing all the errands that I had intended to do yesterday but ran out of time because Joan and I were too gabby during my reflexology treatment.

I left shortly after 9AM and really got a lot done.   I went first to Gander Mountain and picked up some 22 shells for my league shooting.   Then I went on over to Miesfeld's and bought meat.  I got some apple and sauerkraut bratwurst and some port steak and round steak.    The latter two because I want to make a mock duck for dinner this week.  In case you don't know what mock duck is: it came from my Grandma Deeley.    You put a pork steak or two on the bottom of a roaster.   Then you place a mound of stuffing on top of the pork steaks.   finally you form a round steak, preferably tenderized over the stuffing making the whole think look like a bird - hence - Mock Duck.  It is then roasted at 350 degrees until it is done (Again the "until it is done" directions, but that is the only one I got.)   Pork and beef together is a super taste.


From Mielfeld's, I headed to Sheboygan Falls.   I went to Evans to get a piece of interfacing so that I can finish my Samhain placemat.   I only have a week left now.


I took Mother her prescription and visited for just a bit as I had to get home to fix our lunch.   I had a pork chop and lima bean casserole ready to put into the oven.  We haven't had one of those for a long time and I was really hungry for it.  

One more stop before I got home though.  Walgreens to pick up a prescription for Dick.

After we ate (the casserole was great.) then I took a nap.    

I went to the 4PM Mass tonight.   The adult choir was singing, so I saw Kate and her sister.   They are going to bible study with me on Monday morning.    That will be nice.  

Mass was a good experience.The Gospel was the one about the 10 lepers asking Jesus to cure them.   He sent them to see the priest. on the way, they discovered that they were healed.   One of them came back to thank Jesus.  We always have a tendency to wonder why the other nine didn't bother to say thank you.   But Father pointer out that they all must have been beside themselves with joy and anxious to get home.

ALSO - think about it.   He sent them to the priest and not one of them questioned him.   They all trotted off with complete faith that all would be well and they were right.

So the day is over.   I get to stay home until  Monday morning.   That will be quite a relief maybe I will get some rest.

Hope your weekend is good.

God love you

Mary.

No comments: