Friday, October 08, 2010

We had a nice quiet morning.   I slept until 7AM.   Dick was up a bit earlier and fed Roxie for me.   Of course, when I got up, she tried to tell me that she had not had a bite.   She is such a con kitty.

I fixed a little mini meatloaf out of the leftover raw beef.   I raw fried red potatoes and onions to go with it.   It was a good dinner.   There was enough meatloaf left for a sandwich for Dick's supper.   Since I was going to the opening of the Art show down at the Plymouth Art Center, that made it very easy and he loves it.

I left after lunch for my appointment with my friend Joan Kramer for a relexology treatment.   Usually it takes about two hours but Joan and I were just too gabby today and the whole thing took about 3 hours.   She was able to feel the problem in my left side area and is wondering if it could be involved with my immune system.   I have a lot to aske the doctor on Tuesday.    I felt really good when I left Joan's but am hurting again now.

I picked up Nancy at about quarter to 5PM so that we could go shooting.   That was really kind of a waste.  We had fun but especially my scores were pretty bad.  We went from there to The Plymouth Art Center for the opening of their new exhibit.   There were three galleries.   The one towards the back was paintings an drawings by a Dale Knaak.   He seems to like alleys.   A lot of his pictures were of alleys from Milwaukee to Sheboygan and back.   They were beautiful.   He had one painting of a young girl that he called Coffee Girl that was scary.   I told him that and he laughed and said that he did not think the model was too happy with it either.   I also told him how much I loved his other work.

The middle gallery was the result of an event where they asked or had people paint their impressions of Plymouth..  It was stunning .   Pictures of Mill Street,  Stafford Street, the Mill Pond and all kinds of other scenes including a Cow's But.  

The front gallery was the Three Sisters.   Three Sister of the Pankratz Family.   One does quilt art.   Intricate and outstanding.  One does oils.  Very lively and impressive.  The third a Sue Pankeraz Rupp is deceased and did a highly collectible series of graphic art pieces reminicent of Beatrix Potter but more whimsical.



I saw a lot of friends, Kate and Ron Herman, Joanne and Glenn Huehns, Gary Kramer, Alan Pape .  So it was a good evening.

I am glad the day is done thought.   It is time for me to got to bed with my little heating pad and sleep.

Til tomorrow.

God loves you

Mary

No comments: