Sunday, October 03, 2010

Sunday.  The beginning of a new week.   I do feel better though I think there will be at least a week or two before I am AOK

.
I was remembering my very first dog this weekend.   It is one of my very first memories.  It was a cold and rather snowy night.    Then somebody came to our back door.   That was the door that came into the kitchen.  Actually most people came in that way.   It was my cousin, Patty Deeley and their neighbor, Joyce Weinkauf.  To the delight of myself, and I imagine, Nora and maybe Tim, they had a little puppy for us.   It was a little brown and white terrier mix which we promptly named Chip and he was our companion for some years.

Chip had one bad habit.  (In these days one did not leash dogs, at least out in the country which we were on the fringes of)   He chased cars.   He got hit at least twice before the end of his life.   Finally, Dad and I and Chip were out on the main road for something and Chip took off after a car.   It had to be in early spring because there were patches of show along the side of the road.  The car ran over Chip - I remember that I could see the tire print on his tummy.   He ran to one of the snow packs and lay down to die.   I tried to go to him but Dad held me back.  He could see what I could not.  That Chip was mortally wounded.   We buried him under the weeping willow tree in our back yard.   Even the willow tree is gone.  But my memory of Chip is still in my heart.

He too will be waiting over the rainbow bridge.

A rather quiet day.   I talked to our neighbors and found out that the tree in back of our house that is growing over the roof and the one in back or their house in the same situation will be removed in the next week or so.    After the second tree went down in back of our neighbors, Harold and Helen, Dick and I got a bit nervious so we are quite relieved..  

I fixed Chicken with mashed potato patties, green beans and salad for our dinner and we had grilled cheese for supper.     I sewed on my Celtic Knots on the place mat for Samhain during the Packer game.   That was a nail biter but they did win.    My other picks are not spectacular.  I have to hope that my points will keep me close to the top.   Each week is anew beginning.

Tomorrow will be busy.   I feel well enough to go to Bible study and I have some things to do for Mom on our visit.  Then Dick has a doctor appointment.  Bobbie is coming to help as I still could not get him back up the ramp with the problem with my ribs.


I talked to Jacquie over the weekend.  Aunt Velma Patterson died on September 28.  Her funeral is on Monday.   I contacted Bart and Bret and asked Bret if he thought the could get to the house anyway.  The funeral might be a bit early for him.   Aunt Velma is my ex mother in law, Lily's sister.   A lovely woman, we have continued to exchange Christmas greetings over the years.  This year and perhaps last, I did not hear from her as she was not sending cards but she mentioned to Jacquie that she had heard from me.   She was a noble lady and deserves a great deal of credit for being who she was.   Pray for her as  she makes her way to God.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: