Saturday, October 02, 2010

It was very chilly today.  I don't think it got over 52degrees.   Not COLD but definitely chilly.

The morning was quiet.  I went to Sheboygan Falls to check on Mom and bring her the vitamins and meds that she was out of.   We had a nice visit  and checked on a few things that she had questions on.   I will see her again on Monday.  I brought her a couple of leftovers for meals.  She was delighted with the tuna casserole and the apple crisp.


I got home in time to fix dinner.  We had leftover rice with a bratwurst.    Then I rested for a while.  It is amazing how good the heating pad feels on my ribs. 

I went to Mass at 4PM.  The children's choir is singing again.  That is always a pleasure.   The gospel was from Luke.   He has Jesus telling people in a parable that when a person does well what he is suppose to do anyway - what is the big thing.   We should always be doing more than is considered just average.


We again had leftovers for our dinner.  This time - tuna casserole.   So now I have to start over again.  The leftovers are gone.

I heard a comment on TV today that Theodore Roosevelt suggested changing spelling to phonetic spelling.   This would have worked for my brother Matt, the poet who died so young.   I came home for a visit one year and Nora said that I should look at his writing.   She said  to just sound it out.  I was amazed at even that young age.

His thoughts  were very advanced but you had to sound out the words  - not think about the spelling rules you had been taught.

In his later writings, Matt did not use capital letters.   I will give you an example of his poems.

TREE
by Matt Deeley

it's busy head aloft in the sky
when the wind come roaring
it will lean it's head and cry
it will cry until it's empty
of all it's tears & all it's grief,
and in it's final autumn of anguish,
will shed leaf after lonely leaf.

Love you

God loves you too.

Mary

No comments: