Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wow!  It is the last day of September.  And it was a wonderful day.  Sunny and warm.

We were home most of the day.   I did have to make a trip to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions and a couple of things that they have on sale. 

I do feel a little better today, so I am healing.

I did a bit of sewing,  I am working on the place mat for the Samhain dinner.   It won't be spectacular but I believe that it will be pretty and do the job.  I will try to post a picture when it is done.

The serviceman from Steger  Heating came today to service our furnace for the winter.  That was our only excitement for the day.    

Meals were easy.   I fixed rice to accompany leftover hamburgers for lunch and made egg salad for our supper.

Mom called this morning.   Her cleaning lady had not shown up.   This was really odd.   I use the same cleaning service and have the same lady comes.   I called the service for her.  It took a while to reach Bonnie but when I did, she apologized all over the place for not calling Mother.  It seems that Jody had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital in Green Bay.   So Mother, and me too, will not have a cleaner this week as Bonnie could not pull it together quickly enough.   Pray for Jody.   She is a really nice lady and we have been so pleased with her work.

Have a nice night and tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: