Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not a good day.    Last night my left rib cage started really hurting just before I went to bed.   I don't remember doing anything strenuous or bumping it in any way, so I took Tylenol and went to bed, sure that it would be better when I woke up.   

It wasn't so I took a shower, thinking that would help.   That did not help either so I drove over to Urgent Care to be checked. 

After an examination and x rays, as I thought, they cannot really say what is wrong.    There is no blood clot and no apparent break but the doctor thinks that there is probably a hairline fracture on a rib.    To treat that, I am wearing a rib brace and taking Vicodin for the pain.   If it is not better by Wednesday, I am to come back or if there are other symptoms.  We are to watch for a rash as pain like this CAN be the beginning of shingles.   If it is, it is too late for a shot and it is too early to start taking medication.   So pray for me these next couple of days.    My ribcage feels like an achy sausage.

At least the coming week is quiet.   I DO want to go to bible study and see Mom tomorrow but will see how I feel in the morning.

Take care of your selves and God love you

Mary

No comments: