Friday, October 01, 2010

A nice day.   I think I am a bit better but it is a slow heal.

I put together a tuna casserole to put in for lunch in the early morning so that Bobbie and I could work on wine when she got her.

We did have quite a bit of wine to work on too.   The strawberry, which we racked to the secondary last week, needed a dose of sugar to get the yeast working a bit more.   Boy did it start working right away too.   That yeast must have been very hungry.   It bubbled right up over the top of the jug, then settled back down.

Then we racked Bobbie's Parsley Wine into the secondary and then realized that we had to add more sugar, so put it back in the primary,   added the sugar and then reracked it.

Then we racked my lemon balm into a secondary fermentor.

The last thing Bobbie did was mix a new batch in the primary fermentor.   This is a "cleaning our the freezer batch"  grape/persimmon.   Should be interesting. 

Then we had our lunch of tuna casserole with apple crisp for dessert.

Finally, Bobbie and I went through the fabric I got from Mom.   We threw away pieces that won't work for our quilts and kind of split the rest.    It is always fun to add to one's stash.

At 5ish, I picked up Nancy and we sent to Rhine to shoot.   We have done better but were not too disappointed in our results.   We just enjoy it so much and both agreed that we love the look on people's faces when we tell them that we shoot.

Bobbie said that she caught a mouse in a trap in her house today or maybe yesterday.   It reminded me of the time I set a trap in my house in Santa Ana Heights.   I was home alone when it went off and then I started hearing this weird scraping noise.   Then the mouse appeared, dragging the trap behind him.   Now, I can dispose of a dead thing, but this was too much so I went outside to wait for my ex.  Then I saw a telephone crew working on the lines.    I thought I recognized one of them so I ran over to him and asked if he was Barry.   Thank God.   It was Bearry and he took the dying thing out and disposed of it for me.     I gave him and his crew coffee.

Happy Weekend

God love you

Mary

No comments: