Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today was supposed to be a whole day at home but it did not quite work that way.

I got a call at about 7:30 that Mom's caregiver was unable to come because her car had failed on her.    I heard from her company shortly after and told her that I would go and be sure that Mother was OK and could get up for breakfast and bathroom duties.

I got Mom up and we fixed her breakfast and we waited and waited.  Finally,I called and she said that she thought that I was doing everything.   I told her that that was not my understanding.  I know I was rather cold but I was irritated.   Mother and I took care of her cleansing and her getting dressed, then I got a call that said that she would be sending someone out and I said that she should forget it as I had by then taken care of what was needed.    I am disappointed.  but we will just keep track of everything as Mother is very happy with her main caregiver and we don't want changes if it is not necessary.   However,  we need to make note of this.
he rest of the day was quiet.   The Packers lost, quite disgustingly.   But the rest of the day was good.


We had brats and potato salad for our lunch.  Then I tried to nap but who can nap when your side hurts.  So it was not long and I spent the afternoon getting my desk cleaned up.   I am really caught up pretty well now.

We had soup for supper - a cauliflower soup that I pulled out of the freezer.   I tasted really good.



Tomorrow will be busy in the morning but the afternoon should be quite tranquil.   I hope so as I am very tired tonight and suppose that I need a day or two to rest up.

You all take care of yourselves.

God love you.

Mary

No comments: