Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This was a good day. I went grocery shopping this morning, a usual Wednesday chore. That went well. As I was leaving the liquor department, I ran into a neighbor who said she liked the looks of the cart and would be over later. We laughed and she told me that she usually has a glass of wine at noon because her daughter gives her cheeses and she has cheese lunches with a glass of wine.

Totally understandable.

I told her that Dick and I usually have a glass of wine at about 4PM with a couple of cheese and/or summer sausage, canapes. Dick says KaNapes. Even Roxie has some cheese Kanapes before her supper.

I even stopped at Walgreens and picked up a couple of prescriptions. ; I also got a nice purple and black spider to put on the spider web I have on my front porch. I bought the spider web a couple of years ago and never was happy with the little spider on it. It looks like a lady bug with 8 legs. Now the web looks like a nice fuzzy big spider has trapped a lady bug. By the way I do not like spiders. Tomorrow I will get a picture and post it for you. I need to do some pictures for projects.

I came home and put all the groceries away. then fixed our lunch. I stirred Bobbie's beet wine (I remembered Bobbie) and cut out the shapes for the next applique block for the Kettle Country Quilters.

We had an early dinner of Mac and Cheese because I was picking up Sy Regan to go to Karl Elder's Poetry at Mead Library. Sy has lost most of his sight in the past two years and is unable to drive any longer. So his need will help me to get to a meeting that will stimulate me to write more than I have been. I read two of my poems. Karl Elder is a teacher of reading and writing at Lakeland and also a well known poet. He LIKED my sonnet called Falcon. I was so honored. He felt that my Blessings which I consider a poem is really linneated prose, so I have to mull over that, decide what I think and if I agree with him and want to tweak it.  A totally delightful evening with talented people.

Don't know if I quite fit in but since I felt comfortable, I guess I do.

I am so ecstatic
All 33 of the miners are out of their underground prison. Thank God.; Who would ever have imagined such a miracle.

Here is a quote from the second miner to reach the surface. I took the quote directly from the press release.


Mario Sepulveda, the second to taste freedom, bounded out and thrust a fist upward like a prizefighter.
"I think I had extraordinary luck. I was with God and with the devil. And I reached out for God," he said 

Isn't that beautiful.
Let's all thank God for this beautiful reason for joy and thanksgiving all over the world.

God love you too.

Mary

No comments: