Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesdays are supposed to be quiet but this was kind of busy.   

Not enough to completely wear us out but pretty hectic anyway.  

Jody, the cleaning lady, came today to clean.   She is healing but needs one more procedure on Thursday.   As she usually comes on Friday, today was the only day she could come.   Next week she will be back to Friday.   Please pray for her.    She needs all she can get.

Bobbie got here at 10:15 AM.   We got ourselves together and off to Plymouth Aurora Health Center.    Dick got his blood checked for the coagualation number.  He was a bit low today but not enough to change his dose and we are to go back in three weeks for recheck.

I had my followup with Dr. Sharon.    My ribs are still sore and I discussed my stomach pains with him too.   He checked everything and tells me that it may take up to 6 weeks for my ribs to be healed.   He did give me a refill on pain meds.   I only take one at night but it helps me sleep.    He also said that I can take my stomach pill up to four times a day.   I will be taking one of them at night too.  Perhaps that will dispel the discomfort when I am trying to get to sleep.

We picked up Dairy Queen for our lunch.   The nice thing about the Plymouth Dairy Queen is that they use hard rolls instead of hamburger buns for their burgers.   Then Bobbie mixed her batch of beet wine.   Yes Beet Wine.     It smells pretty good in its initial mix.    I need to stir it each day for her.

After she went home, Dick took a nap and I rested with the heating pad again.  

I couldn't stay down long.   So I spent the rest of the afternoon sending some poems to a writing contest, cleaning off my desk and sorting blocks for quilting.

Now I am settling down for the evening as Dancing with the Stars is on and I want to watch that.

Have a nice evening yourself.

Love

Mary

No comments: