Monday, October 11, 2010

What a sonderful day.

I got up just before 7AM.  I was not as sore most of the day.

I picked up my friend Kate and her sister Patty at 9AM.   Kate has wanted to go to bible study with me for quite some time and it finally worked out.   It was a special bible study.   We actually never got to our study of Mark as Joe Reindl had come back from a trip to Medjugorje in Hercegovina, Yugoslavia.   So after our prayer and petitions, I asked Joe if he would tell us about his trip.   He said "Do we have a month?"

Joe was so pumped from his trip and after his description and talk, we were almost as pumped ourselves.   The town is just flooded with devotees.  He described the different sites and the services that occur every day and on special occasions.   The visionaries still see or hear Mary every day.   

There is an immense statue of the risen Christ that has a fluid seeping out of the right knee.  He thinks he knows the explanation, However, he still took part in taking a linen cloth and touching it to the fluid for a holy sacramental.   It is from that holy place.    He blessed each of us with the cloth and gave three bottles of holy water from the site.  I brought one home and put it with my statue of the Infant of Prague that was my Grandma Deeley;s.  

He is such a dear man.   He brought me a special present because I have been leading the group.   It is a lovely embroidered table cover.  He chose it because the embroidered design is the circle which symbolizes our bible group.   I really feel honored as he bought three.  One for his wife, Felicia, who is a member of the study also.  One for his sister in law and one for me.    I will treasure it for sure.

After the study, Kate, Patty and I went to Mother's for a visit.   She looked lovely and I think felt good.   It was a nice visit.   Mom has a book about the Apparitions of Our Lady at Mejugorje so I borrowed it.

Home again.  I made brat sandwiched for lunch, then went to the bank for Mom and me.  I also picked up a couple things at Kmart.

I took a nap when I finally arrived home for good.  I woke up to Roxie yelling at me.   I mean really yelling.   She had her face right in front of me just going Mew Mew Mew, until I finally got up.

Tonight I watched Dancing with the Stars.   I do enjoy that show.   I have not been able to vote the past two weeks so this is a fun week for me.   Tomorrows elimination show will be much more interesting now that I am a part of it.

So.   Tomorrow we have doctor appointments and I have to do something about Thursday.   I made a luncheon date and now realize that Dick has an eye doctor appointment at 11:40AM.  How do I get into these messes?

So God love you and remember


"Don't tell GOD how Big your storm is.
Tell the storm how Big your GOD is!"




Mary

No comments: