Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Saturday. It was a rather nice one for me. The weather was overcast but pleasant and Chelsea and I had a super walk this morning. She has been very perky most of the day and ate all of her meals without begging. So it is a good day for her.

I prepared a "hamburger helper" for our noon meal. Always good. This was a lasagna meal. We had green beans and cucumber salad with it.

We got Dick's hair washed and I helped him with his bath. So that is done.

I went to church with my neighbor, Jean, tonight. That was a pleasant change. Now we are listening to some music on TV and I intend to get to bed by 9PM. I have slowly been getting rested.

I checked Leslie's blog today and found really super wonderful news. She and Bill are going to come up for the Kunert Family reunion at the end of July. Nora and her husband Ernie are coming too. I am so excited.

Today I read, for the umpteenth time, a touching story of when a couple of baseball teams, young men, let a disabled boy play despite the outcome of the game.  Somehow, it reminded me of a day when I took Bret to the local school for a picnic event when he was about 3 years old.   A bunch of guys were playing baseball and we sat down to watch.   Then suddenly, Bret ran up to one of the men playing and asked if he could play too.   The guy grinned from ear to ear and said, sure.  He had Bret with him for the rest of the game.  He helped him hit and picked him up to run the bases.   Bret was just ecstatic and I was so grateful for the kindness of that young man.

Another funny thing that I forgot to mention last night.    I told you that I took fresh band aids to Mother because her caregiver and her cleaning lady thought that the ones she had were pretty old.   When I replaced the old ones with the new ones, I could not argue that fact.   The band aids she had were a Prange Way Brand.   I can't even remember how long ago that Prange Way closed. 

So we are at the end of another week.   In two weeks, my boys and Barb will be here.  I am so waiting for that.  I tell them that I can't wait to get my hands on them.   I am busily planning meals that can be changed if they have other plans and things that they want to do and see.  I know that Bart will have at the very least two class reunion gatherings that he wants to attend.  

Tomorrow will be fairly quiet, but I have to help out at Rhine from 11AM to 2PM.    Should be quiet as there is a possibility of rain.

You have a nice one yourself.

God love you

Mary

1 comment:

MotherMeg said...

Seems that Nora and Ernie are finding themselves in a scheduling conflict, and will not be able to make it, so you'll have to make do with just Bill and me...