Thursday, June 10, 2010

This was a strange day. We started off OK. But I received a call from Alicia, one of Mom'a caregivers. She was concerned because Mom was so tired and she had aparaently "dinged" herself and had a bloody elbow.

I was concerned also.

Dick and I had an appointment with Dr. Cheryl at Advanced Eye Care at 9:15AM. We got there and found that they did not have it registered but they saw the panic in my eyes and got us in. I KNOW that there should have been an appointment. The longest delay was the fact that the chair that moves for people in wheelchairs would not move and we had to just ride with it. After the exam (with some juggling for logistics.) Dr. Cheryl did remove the offending lash that was poking into his eye. Unfortunately, there is an infection in the eye so we will be doctoring for the next five days.

When we got home, Jody was already cleaning. ( Bonnie's Housekeeping had asked if we would for one week be OK with Thursday. ) While she cleaned, I prepared lunch for Dick and me as I wanted to go and check on Mother.

After lunch and Jody left, I went to Walgreens to pick up some fresh band aids, Neosporin and Hydrogen peroxide for Mother and some baby aspirin. I felt that I should go to see her because of the concerns of Jody and Alicia. She was OK by the time I got there. The wound was not bleeding any longer and she was a little less weak because she had had a good chance to rest after Jody left. So I am reassured that she is all right, at least for today. We had a nice visit anyway and I took her some of the Pineapple pudding pie that I had made yesterday. She was glad to get a dessert.

I got home at about 2 and have been busy with people, animals and fixing dinner every since. We talked to Richard and Brenda and everything is going well there. We will look forward to seeing them when Bret and Bart and Barb are here.

So that was the day. I am totally spent. Bed always looks good to me at this time of night but tonight is even more so than usual.


Take care of your selves.

God loves you

Mary

No comments: