Friday, June 11, 2010

This was a nice day. It started off with a rolling thunderstorm. It poured. So. Chelsea did not get a very good walk today. It is kind of good for her now as she does not hear the thunder which used to just terrify her. Remember how she used to go into the bedroom and stick her head under the bed. I know I have a picture of that somewhere. She chooses to ignore the lightening.

I remember a story from when I was a little girl. We always had dogs but they slept downstairs and the family slept upstairs. One night we had a really rockin' thunder storm with a young dog. He managed to fling himself against the French doors and get through them gallumping up the stairs as fast as he could and dived right on top of my Dad. You should have heard him holler. I guess the dog felt that Dad was the safest place in the storm.

I sent out invitations for the gathering that we are going to have for the family when Bret, Bart and Barbara are here. That was a big accomplishment. I also made it down to my sewing machine and got some of the squares for one of the quilts I am working on.

I went to lunch at the Dairy Queen with my bank friends. That was a nice break an I brought a burger and fries back for Dick. Then I took a nap. Boy was I tired, I slept for over an hour.

The afternoon was quiet. I just puttered around and folded clothes, then got my clothes changed so that I could get over to the Plymouth Art Center for the opening of the new exhibit. The featured artist is watercolor artist, Jean Crane. Also on display were pieces from over 30 of her students. She had given them a black and white photo, a very busy photo, and had them pick out a portion or idea and do a watercolor from their idea. I did not realize this as first but went through the exhibit and realized that there was somewhat of a pattern. Then when I found out the theme, I went back through and reappreciated the work. There were two artists, Judith Roblee from Plymouth and a Lydia Cooley that REALLY impressed me so I made sure that I looked them up to tell them so.

So here I am winding down for the evening. The second storm that was supposed to come through, has not arrived. Perhaps it won't. As long as we are safe in our sweet little home with each other and our precious kitty and old doggy, it is fine with me either way.

The weekend is upon us.

Here is a prayer that I got at a Celtic Retreat several years ago it was written in both Gaelic and English, but I will just give you the English.

I saw a stranger yesterday,
I put food in the eating place,
Drink in the drinking place,
Music in the listening place,
And in the holy name of the trinity,
He blessed me, my family and people,
And the lark said as she sang:
Often, often, often Christ comes in the form of a stranger.


God love you

Mary

No comments: